Broadspectrum has a long and successful partnership with the Australian Defence Force (ADF)
Broadspectrum has a long and successful partnership with the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and are currently looking for a Talent Pool of Food & Beverage Attendants. This role will see you working in the mess and bar, to ensure efficient service delivery and exceptional customer experience.
Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Implementing and managing Broadspectrum’s Food Safety Program
- Managing food safety hazards through the application of HACCAP
- Food & Beverage duties including food preparation, washing of all crockery, cutlery and glassware after each service and cleaning and sanitising of work areas.
- Ensuring meals are processed in the meal pass system and meal pass paperwork is reconciled.
- Ensuring cash is handled and banked in line with Company and Client protocols.
- Supporting stock management initiatives and conducting stocktakes as required.
- Ensuring bar services are in line with Australian Responsible Service of Alcohol Standards and licensing arrangements.
- Signage and notice boards daily, ensuring current information is displayed.
- Liaising with Food & Beverage Supervisor regarding day-to-day operations and undertaking any other reasonable
- Checking mess paperwork weekly to ensure correct temperature recordings in all messes.
- Assisting with training and development of all mess staff and monitor staff grooming and presentation, ensuring wearing of correct uniforms.
- Planning, delegating and following up with preparations for all mess functions.
- Ensuring that all area of the mess precinct are maintained in a clean and presentable condition.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as requested by the Food and Beverage Supervisor.
Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience in a similar position or experience in the delivery of Food and Beverage services
- Hold a current Responsible Servicing of Alcohol Certificate (RSA)
- Hygiene for Food Handlers Certificate preferred but not essential (training will be provided)
- Sound knowledge of Food Safety Standards, relevant legislation and statutory obligations.
- Knowledge or understanding of Defence Force operations, systems and functions desirable.
- Enthusiasm and commitment to high standards of customer service.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and the ability work in a team.
- An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
Broadspectrum respectfully acknowledges Indigenous Australians both past and present as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the land on which we work.
Please Click “APPLY” to forward your application CV, along with copies of the above trade qualifications as well as proof of Citizenship. You must be an Australian Citizen and be able to obtain an ADF Clearance.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures that they bring to work with them each day. Embracing Diversity and Creating Inclusion is a key component of our Talent Management Strategy. The creation of a Diverse and Inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success, creating a high-performance business.
Position Reference Number: 103870